Our attorneys represent companies and individuals across the county in virtually every state – in litigation matters, accident investigations and as consultants on risk-management issues. The following is a list of a few of the firm’s notable representations:
Trials and Other Litigation Wins
- Won a jury defense verdict in a wrongful death action against a Maryland propane supplier facing allegations that it had negligently installed gas piping in a manner that violated industry codes and was unsafe, and that subsequently caused a residential fire.
- Won a complete defense verdict at a jury trial for an Alabama gas company in a wrongful death lawsuit based on alleged negligent installation, service and maintenance of gas system arising out of a house fire in which plaintiff’s minor daughter died.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of client through an unopposed summary judgment motion for propane supplier in a Colorado wrongful death and property damages case involving multiple fatalities.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of component part manufacturer in a Texas wrongful death and property damages case involving an underlying natural gas explosion at a manufacturing facility.
- Won a defense verdict for a propane retailer that allegedly supplied a leaking and defective propane cylinder in a case involving more than $7 million in damages to a manufacturing facility.
- Won a defense verdict for a propane retailer that allegedly failed to warn a propane user regarding the dangers associated with propane after plaintiff was burned while attempting to light a pilot on his water heater and suffered second and third degree burns.
- Won a defense verdict for a Michigan propane retailer in a propane explosion suit by a woman who sustained serious burn injuries and asserted claims of inadequate warnings and failure to warn.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of a propane wholesaler and a pipeline company in a case in which the plaintiff alleged that those companies failed to take steps to ensure propane consumers were receiving warnings and failed to police and monitor the activities of their propane customers.
- Won summary judgment for propane pipeline company in Iowa case involving severe burn injuries.
- Won summary judgment for natural gas distributor on subrogation claim seeking $7.99 million.
- Won jury verdict for defendant in United States District Court class action case alleging unlawful price manipulation.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of component part manufacturer in California property damages case involving a natural gas fire at a restaurant.
- Obtained jury verdict for small Missouri manufacturer in a patent infringement suit brought by 3M Company in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota in St. Paul. 3M sought over $9 Million in damages. The jury returned a defense verdict against 3M and awarded our client $980,000 in damages against 3M on its counterclaim.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of an appliance manufacturer in a case involving more than $5 million in property damage.
- Won summary judgment for manufacturer of alfalfa hay preservative in federal court lawsuit claiming defective product.
Risk Management, Consultation Services and Other Representations
- Represented a large extended care facility in numerous cases involving claims of discrimination based on race, national origin and religion.
- Defense counsel for title insurance and real estate services companies operating throughout the United States.
- Defended parent corporations and subsidiaries from claims alleging alter ego, corporate veil piercing and single enterprise liability in lawsuits filed in several states.
- Outside counsel for professional arena league football franchise.
- Consulted with multiple propane marketers on warning, safety and training matters.
- Counsel for a nonprofit organization formed to promote the safe, efficient use of certain fuels as an energy source on a national level. Representation included advice on inspection program revisions, development of customer safety awareness materials, and updates to various training materials regarding OSHA and DOT industry regulations and requirements.
- Counsel for meat packer on various UCC issues involved in purchases of agricultural products.